Each school has a thesis format requirement, but it is generally the same. It is formulated with reference to national thesis standards. The following are the compilation methods and techniques for editing the graduation thesis format for your reference.
The first step is to create a new blank WORD document, and set the margins and gutter distance according to the requirements of the paper. And select "Apply to the entire article" point "OK".
The second step is to copy the edited cover of the paper into a blank document, and insert "section break-next page" at the end. Note: The cover of the paper must be strictly in the template format (preferably modify it directly on the template).
The third step is to generate the table of contents on the new page after the section break: "Insert"-"Reference"-"Index and Table of Contents" Select the "Table of Contents" tab, and generally only choose to generate to level 3 headings. Click OK to automatically generate the table of contents, and then insert the "section break-next page" again. The generated directory is still blank at this time.
The fourth step is to copy the Chinese and English abstracts to a new page after the section break. Modify the font size and paragraph spacing, and insert "section break-next page" again after the abstract.
The fifth step is to paste the main text of the paper into a new page, including the conclusion, references and acknowledgments.
The sixth step is to add a header and footer. "View"-"Header and Footer" Enter the specified content and set the font. It should be noted that the header and footer can be reset after each section break. That is, different header and footer content and formatting are allowed in the same article. For example, some schools require that the page number of the abstract part uses Roman numerals, and the body part uses Arabic numerals; others require that the header of each chapter must be the chapter name, and so on. You can use "section breaks- Next page "approach. Another issue is the input of page numbers. The page number can only enter the number of the first page, and the subsequent page numbers can be realized by the page number option "Intermittent previous page".
The seventh step is to use the format brush to quickly format the article. Modify a second-level title of the paper (the first-level title is the title of the thesis) double-click the format brush, and then brush all the second-level titles; then modify a third-level title, and then double-click the format brush to all the third-level titles Brush it once; modify the format of a piece of text content, double-click the format brush to brush all the text content (be careful not to brush the title). So far, the format of the text of the paper should be fairly standardized.
The eighth step is to update the directory. Return to the content of the paper. Because of the modification of the format paragraph, the page number will definitely change, so you must update the content after the modification of the paper. Right-click on the directory body and select "Update Domain". A new directory will be generated. This completes the entire paper.
A few things to note
(1) The margins, line spacing, font, font size, paragraph leading, and trailing of the dissertation must be the same (titles are edited separately). This is to ensure the format by setting page properties for new documents and using format brushes to unify the full text.
(2) The thesis catalogue should be generated automatically and cannot be typed by hand. It is inconvenient to modify the directory by hand.
(3) Each chapter of the dissertation should start on another page. When writing the content of the dissertation, care should be taken to keep each chapter at the beginning of a new page. If this cannot be guaranteed, please use page breaks.
(4) Don't have extra spaces and carriage returns in the paper. Use page breaks instead of continuous carriage returns when you need to change pages.
(5) Level 4 headings are generally not set. If they appear, they are indicated by fixed mathematical symbols. Try to unify the title format and bullets. Once you use a format, it must be consistent and cannot be changed at will.
(6) The paper must have a header and corner (except the first page). The header and footer are not displayed on the first page. You can use the "Page Settings"-"Layout" tab to select the "First page is different" option.
(7) The conclusion of the thesis should reflect his own research results. Because a paper cannot be regarded as a paper without a conclusion, the paper must be summarized at the end to form a result.
(8) The thesis reference contains at least 12 textbooks or materials, preferably 4 foreign language materials. The format is as follows:
 Author 1, Author 2 etc. Title of the paper. Publications, Year of Publication, Volume (Issue Number): Starting and Ending Page Numbers
For example:  Li Moumou, Zhang Moumou. Research on Metal Electrode Ceramic Capacitors. Moumou Leader, 2008,17 (10): 41-43