Regarding the requirements of the thesis, editors and scholars have the same points, for example, the thesis must be rigorous and solid, and so on. The following are four tips for the collection of the compilation of liberal arts thesis for readers' reference.
1. Don't send your hope that your thesis will fill a certain gap
When I work in a journal, I often receive a letter from the author when I receive a thesis. This is good, but many people say in their letters that their thesis and research results have filled in a certain gap, which is very difficult. it is good. Don't easily say that you have filled in a certain blank, you can only say that this aspect of the problem is less concerned, and there is not much relevant material. A scientist once said, "No one in the world has ever imagined a problem that has not been studied." Don't talk about academic virginity every now and then, if you don't live up to its name, it will only upset editors and readers.
2. Don't focus on completely resolving a disagreement
Phoenix Satellite TV has a program by Ruan Cishan. He said that the world is changing, "Who can say it clearly?" It means that he can do it, but he can't. It is difficult to get out of confusion. For example, the historical cause of the Communist Party of the Soviet Communist Party is still a matter of opinion. Questions such as XX confirmation and evaluation are very personal, but they must not be. The long river of history is infinite, and academic development is always evolving. The development of academic history cannot be concluded with you or me. Moreover, many of the materials used in the dissertation are unreliable. One or two examples are not enough to confirm a problem.
There are six kinds of reasons for Qu Yuan's suicide, and the theme of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms has as many as 15 kinds. There are different opinions on the interpretation of a poem. Why are there so many differences? The inquiry into the causes of these differences is endless.
3. Don't deliberately pursue innovation
Academic research is right to pursue innovation, but it cannot be deliberately demanding. Academic problems are inseparable from the inheritance of tradition. Many problems are followed up because it is impossible to overthrow all of them. For example, Mei Yizhang, former president of Tsinghua University, said that "a university student is not only a building, but a master." There is a so-called "Saichen" sentence pattern. The writing of the inscription on the Monument to the People's Heroes also borrows from the inscription on the Southwest United University Monument written by Feng Youlan. This shows that it is necessary to learn from the predecessors and inherit the tradition.
Criticizing academic plagiarism is very correct, but it is important to emphasize that young scholars often start with imitation. Some achievements are indeed the latest, but they are the achievements of others abroad. This is shameful. This is the tragedy of deliberate pursuit of innovation.
4. Don't be keen on advocating for some new systems, new terms
The thesis topics can be roughly divided into the following categories:
1. General theory; 2. Discussion and discussion; 3. Comparison; 4. Introduction of a certain trend of thought abroad; 5. Overview and summary of a certain problem or scanning the thought of a person or genre: 6. Textual research; 7. New Discover historical materials. Writing a thesis is nothing more than exploring issues, or agreeing, or opposing, or presenting new insights. But organizing and discovering information is also very important. Some people look down on reviews, but well done reviews are also valuable. The other is the discovery of new historical materials. The discovery of new historical materials is no less important than the discovery of a new planet. For example, the teacher Xi Xigui of Peking University's Chinese Department found a word, and the teacher Sun Yushi found several pieces of Lu Xun's chivalrous writings. This is a very important achievement and a very meaningful thing. In the long period of development of a certain discipline, it is not easy to find a new historical material. This requires not only opportunities, but also the academic literacy of the discoverers in all aspects, a keen mind and a poor head.
It takes a lot of work to write a good thesis. The paper must be well written, and other small articles must be well written. Mr. Wang Li has "Dragon Worm and Carving Collection", Dragon Worm and Carving, which is everyone's style. It is also difficult to write short articles. It takes courage to ask questions when writing a good paper. The driving force behind the theory is questioning. Historical data is like a witness in court, and you must ask questions if you want the witness to speak. The title of the thesis must ask questions, and it is not enough to just define the scope of your research. For example, the title of a dissertation such as "Lu Xun's Novel Research" is not good. In addition, one cannot use only one concept in the specialty as a topic, such as "the typicality of novels". The title must be clear and not vague. Writing "Artistic Reality in Acceptance" is not as clear as "Artistic Reality in Acceptance". By the way, look at the title of a dissertation in a journal, "Su Shi Thoughts and Song Ci," which is written as if Su Shi did not write words, not a Song Dynasty person.
The title should be compact and clear, and it should be unobstructed. Such as "On the ancient psychological role", you should clearly write "Ancient You", "Ancient Youling" or "Ancient Worry" is better. The title of "The Formation of a Certain Style from a Certain Works" is very good, specific and systematic, such as "Imagery: The First Systemic Poetic Theory of Ancient China", regardless of whether it is correct or not, so clearly put forward Questions and topics that indicate opinions are better.